Woman bitten by cobra while cooking in the kitchen

A woman in Taichung City was bitten by a cobra while she was cooking lunch in her kitchen, yesterday, June 25. Taichung City fire bureau received a report of a snakebite in Qingshui District at 10:43 am. Fire bureau ambulance officers found that a 64-year-old woman named Hsu had been bitten on her foot by an unidentified snake. Ms Hsu said that she had just put a pot of water on the stove to boil when she felt a sharp

Read more

Firefighter hospitalized after being bitten by venomous pit viper

A firefighter was treated with antivenom, and kept under observation, after after being bitten by a venomous brown-spotted pit viper while on snake-catching duties in a mountainous area of Keelung City today, November 27. The Keelung City Fire Department received an emergency 119 call from the owner of a guesthouse at around 12:30pm, reporting a snake was spotted in a bathroom. Two firefighters, officers Lu and Zeng, were dispatched from the Zhongzheng District Fire Station to take care of the

Read more

Woman Bitten by Cobra in the Kitchen

A 70 year-old Keelung woman felt a pain in her ankle while cooking lunch today, and was shocked when she looked down and saw a cobra. The woman was rushed to hospital still conscious but with a swollen ankle, while firefighters were dispatched to catch the snake. The firefighters caught the 60cm long cobra and warned nearby residents to be on the alert. Ms Xie’s family said that they had lived in the house for 30 years, and although they

Read more