Woman Bitten by Cobra in the Kitchen

A 70 year-old Keelung woman felt a pain in her ankle while cooking lunch today, and was shocked when she looked down and saw a cobra.

The woman was rushed to hospital still conscious but with a swollen ankle, while firefighters were dispatched to catch the snake. The firefighters caught the 60cm long cobra and warned nearby residents to be on the alert.

Ms Xie’s family said that they had lived in the house for 30 years, and although they had seen snakes outside, it was the first time one had entered the house.

swollen ankle after snake-bite
Ms Xie’s ankle after being bitten by a cobra that entered her kitchen, September 15, 2017 in Keelung City. Picture: United Daily News.
Taiwan English News is an independent publication with no corporate funding. If you found this article informative, and would like to support my work, please buy me a coffee or support me on Patreon. Subscribe to Taiwan English News for free to receive the latest news via email. Advertising queries are welcome. Share, like, comment below.

Comment and discuss this story: While all opinions are welcome, comments will not be approved if they contain inflammatory speech.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.