Family of four found dead of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning: gas water heater on enclosed balcony

A couple and their two young children were found dead in their apartment in Zhongli District, Taoyuan City this afternoon in what is suspected to be a case of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. The deceased were a 34-year-old man named Zhang (張), his 30-year-old wife, and two boys aged 7 and 8 years old. A colleague of Mr Zhang went to the family’s apartment on Chengzhan 1st Street after Zhang didn’t show up for work for the last two days.

Read more

22 affected by carbon monoxide poisoning at YMCA swimming pool in Tainan City

Twenty-two people, including eight adults and 14 children, were rushed to hospital after succumbing to carbon monoxide poisoning at a heated swimming pool facility in Tainan City this afternoon, January 7. The Tainan City Fire Bureau responded to reports at around 5:00 pm of a carbon monoxide poisoning incident at the YMCA educational facility on Gongyuan Road in Tainan City’s North District. Symptoms included nausea, vomiting, and some people fainted. The most seriously affected was 5-year-old boy who was sent

Read more

Family of Four Sickened by CO Poisoning: Mother in a Coma

A family of four in Hsinchu City was rescued at around 10:00 am this morning after relatives were alerted to the fact that the parents had not showed up at work, and the children did not go to school. Relatives who entered the apartment found the parents unconscious in different rooms, while the 2 teenaged girls were on the living room sofa suffering from dizziness and unable to move. The relatives quickly opened all the windows and doors and called

Read more

Mother and Son Died of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in un-Ventilated Apartment

A hot water system installed on an enclosed balcony is the suspected cause of death of a 40 year old-man and his 62 year-old mother in Hsinchu City this evening, December 22. Police and firefighters were called to an apartment on Jianmei Road at around 7:00pm after the occupants failed to respond to calls by a relative, who then went to the apartment to check on the pair. After nobody answered the door, the relative called 110. After breaking down

Read more