Gas Hot Water System Installed Indoors: 2 Dead 4 Hospitalized

A 34 year-old mother and 7 year-old son were found dead, and 4 family members suffered carbon monoxide poisoning in Taichung this morning. A gas hot water system was installed on the 8th floor apartment’s balcony, and the windows were closed.

A teenage boy made an emergency call after waking up feeling dizzy and finding his mother and younger brother unconscious. Emergency workers were unable to revive the two, and they were declared dead at the hospital.

A total of 7 people were in the house at the time. One person declined medical treatment.

Photo: United Daily News.

Taiwan English News is an independent publication with no corporate funding or support. If you like what you have just read, please show your support by liking or following on Facebook or Twitter, or subscribing to Taiwan English News to receive the latest news via email. Advertising queries are welcome. Share, like, or comment below.

Comment and discuss this story

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.