Migrant Worker Injured After Hit by Moving Train on Station Platform

An Indonesian man was injured after being hit by a moving train while standing on a platform at Chungli Station in Taoyuan today. Reports in Liberty Times Network and Apple Daily say the man was affected by alcohol at the time. At 3:32 pm, local shuttle service train No. 1204 traveling from Miaoli to Keelung was arriving at Chungli Station when the 31 year old man named as Rokim in media reports “moved toward the moving train.” Liberty Times reported

Read more

Bus Driver Shows Reckless Disregard for Public Safety

A bus driver in Taichung City was recorded crossing double yellow lines and charging through a red light to make a left turn, January 27. At around 9:00 pm, the day before yesterday, the bus owned by Geya Bus Transportation Company overtook cars by traveling down the wrong side of the road for a distance of about 100 meters before charging through a light that had just turned red. The bus driver was identified as Mr Chen in an Apple

Read more

Family of Four Sickened by CO Poisoning: Mother in a Coma

A family of four in Hsinchu City was rescued at around 10:00 am this morning after relatives were alerted to the fact that the parents had not showed up at work, and the children did not go to school. Relatives who entered the apartment found the parents unconscious in different rooms, while the 2 teenaged girls were on the living room sofa suffering from dizziness and unable to move. The relatives quickly opened all the windows and doors and called

Read more

Student in Spiderman Costume Falls to his Death

A Malaysian student studying at a university in Changhua County fell from a 5th floor balcony and died this evening, Wednesday, January 3. According to witnesses, the man was taking a selfie while dressed in a Spider-Man suit. Witnesses said that Lee put set his phone in a tripod, then squatted in a Spider-Man pose on the wall of the balcony. He then wobbled and fell. Emergency calls to 119 were received at around 5:40 pm. Emergency workers who rushed

Read more

Mother and Son Died of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in un-Ventilated Apartment

A hot water system installed on an enclosed balcony is the suspected cause of death of a 40 year old-man and his 62 year-old mother in Hsinchu City this evening, December 22. Police and firefighters were called to an apartment on Jianmei Road at around 7:00pm after the occupants failed to respond to calls by a relative, who then went to the apartment to check on the pair. After nobody answered the door, the relative called 110. After breaking down

Read more

Neighbor Rescues Infant Dangling from 4th Floor Window

A 2 year-old girl dangled precariously from a 4th floor window with her head stuck in the security bars in Taoyuan City last night until a brave neighbor climbed onto a narrow awning to help rescue the child. At around 10:00pm November 3, a man left a 2 year old child and a baby alone in the house as he went out to buy supper. The two year old managed to crawl out of a window and fell through the

Read more

Worker Clearing Giant Hornets Falls to his Death

A man fell 40 meters to his death while attempting to remove a hive of Asian giant hornets in Taroko National Park today. The sixty year-old man named Yeh was working in a four-person team outsourced to deal with the hornets, which are also called tiger head hornets. National Parks authorities had deemed the hornets a threat to visitors in the park. The hive was described as being the size of two basketballs and located on a tree next to

Read more

Cop Accidentally Shot by Colleague

A 23 year old police officer was shot in the chest and arm this morning after a colleague accidentally fired her service pistol while attempting clean the weapon. At around 8:40am at the Guanfu Police Station in Tucheng District, New Taipei City, a 24 year-old female police officer named Huang (黃) was doing routine maintenance on the weapon when it fired. The bullet grazed a desk before hitting a 23 year-old male officer named Wang (王) in the right arm

Read more

Vietnamese Worker Dies in 40 Meter Fall

A Vietnamese man died this afternoon after falling from a 40 meter-high fuel storage tank at a CNPC facility currently under construction at Taichung Harbor. Media reports say the man lost his footing in high winds. Apple Daily reported that the 23 year-old overseas foreign worker named Tran was working atop a Liquid Petroleum Gas storage tank at the west pier of Taichung Harbor when he fell at around 2:15pm. Firefighters from Taichung Harbor Fire Bureau were dispatched to the

Read more

Two Foreign Workers Found Dead in Effluent Tank

Breaking News: expect frequent changes and updates. Two foreign laborers were found unconscious at the bottom of an effluent tank at a factory in Tainan City’s Guantian industrial zone this morning October 15. Firefighters later confirmed the men are dead. Gas detection equipment was used to identify the presence of toxic, flammable, hydrogen sulfide gas. Workers at the Sunny Environmental Consultants, Ltd plastics recovery factory realized the 2 men were missing when staff lined up for a health check this

Read more

11 Firefighters Treated for Acid Burns: Unitech Factory Fire

Eleven firefighters had to be treated in hospital after being injured by acid burns and inhalation, while fighting a fire at a factory in Tucheng yesterday evening, September 28. The factory belongs to printed circuit board manufacturer Unitech. According to Liberty Times Network, Unitech staff at the Tucheng factory are suspected to have deliberately concealed the fact that there were hazardous materials on site, putting firefighters lives in danger. New Taipei City Fire Bureau received a report of the fire

Read more